It’s becoming increasingly challenging to be a business executive in today’s cyber-driven economy, Security magazine advises. “Executives are “most concerned about digital readiness (and) talent management in 2019.” This is especially so with firms that are competing against “born digital” rivals.
As seen by executives, here are the top 10 risks in today’s business settings:
- Existing operations meeting performance expectations, competing against “born digital” firms
- Succession challenges and ability to attract and retain top talent
- Regulatory changes and regulatory scrutiny
- Cyber threats
- Resistance to change operations
- Rapid speed of disruptive innovations and new technologies
- Privacy/identity management and information security
- Inability to utilize analytics and big data
- Organization’s culture may not sufficiently encourage timely identification and escalation of risk issues
- Sustaining customer loyalty and retention
How long has it been now since a business “simply” had to focus on real-life customers?