Yhe U.S. Department of Homeland Security has released a report by the U.S. Secret Service’s National Threat Assessment Center on “Mass Attacks in Public Spaces – 2018“. It contains dire information on attacks that caused death and mayhem in the United States.
“Regardless of whether these attacks were acts of workplace violence, domestic violence, school-based violence, or inspired by an ideology, similar themes were observed in the behaviors and circumstances of the perpetratorsn , including:
• Most of the attackers utilized firearms, and half departed the site on their own or committed suicide.
• Half were motivated by a grievance related to a domestic situation, workplace, or other personal issue.
• Two-thirds had histories of mental health symptoms, including depressive, suicidal, and psychotic symptoms.
• Nearly all had at least one significant stressor within the last five years, and over half had indications of financial
instability in that timeframe.
• Nearly all made threatening or concerning communications and more than three-quarters elicited concern from
others prior to carrying out their attacks.”
This report belongs in U.S. security libraries, online or off.